UPDATE. You are now able to book a 1-1 terrarium workshop with me. The prices are at the bottom of the page but please contact me directly to arrange a date and time. Unfortunately, due to the size of my workshop I can’t facilitate more than one person at a time.
In the sessions we will cover:
1. Terrarium history – dating back to the Victorian period, the history of the terrarium is a fascinating part of horticultural history
2. Terrarium basics – a rundown of how a terrarium functions
3. Terrarium essentials – Drainage, substrate and container choice, lighting, temperature, microfauna, to feed or not to feed? And is charcoal really necessary? In this section we will cover the essential aspects of creating a successful terrarium.
4. Plant choice – One of the most fascinating aspects of making a terrarium lies in the plants. In this section, I will give you a detailed explanation on which plants I use, where they come from and why I use them.
5. Tips and secrets – I’ve learned so much online, both from videos and reading but there is only so much you can learn this way. Over the past 4 years I’ve gone through a lot (and I mean, a lot!) of experiments which have given me insights into what works and what doesn’t. In this section I will talk about aspects of terrarium construction you won’t find online.
7. Terrarium aesthetics – The ‘golden section’ law of proportionality and how it applies to horticultural practice, plant choice for accurate scale and the use of hardscape materials
8. Terrarium scenes – How to create a high quality terrarium scene
I’m currently waiting to hear back from a few places about holding workshops in their venues. These will be classes of up to 12 people and will be 2-3 hours long. Once it is finalised I will make the announcement here and on my social pages.
Workshops/lessons in my workshop are available now but are only available 1-1 due to its small size
1-1 workshop/lesson prices
1 hour – £20
2 hours – £40
3 hours – £50
4 hours – £70
5 hours – £90
Material cost will be added for any terrariums taken home.
Drinks and refreshments will be provided for all sessions. For a full day (5 hours plus) lunch will be provided.
Discount can be added for block/repeated bookings. Please contact for more information.
If you are serious about learning then I suggest booking regular shorter sessions. Having consistent lessons and practising in your own time is the best way to learn.
I am happy to take commissions and work at an hourly rate of £20 (minimum 1 hour) plus material costs.